Arron Davies

#51104885 /

Arron Davies is a Welsh midfielder who was born on 26th June 1984. Davies began his career with Southampton, but failed to make a single first team appearance for the club, despite being prolific for the reserves and academy. He travelled with the senior squad to the FA Cup final in May 2003 and also the UEFA Cup tie in Bucharest four months later. Davies also starred for Wales at youth level. He joined Barnsley on loan for a month in February 2004.

In December 2004 Davies left Saints to join Yeovil for an undisclosed fee. The Welshman made a great start for Gary Johnson's side, scoring in a 3-2 win at Leyton Orient on his debut. He was equally impressive playing on the wing or up front, helping the Glovers win promotion to League 1 with 9 goals in 25 games. Davies found the step up to the third tier no issue whatsoever, scoring 10 during 2005/06. The highlight of his season came at Chesterfield on 4th March 2006 where he scored a hatrick in a 3-0 win. In 2006/07 Davies helped Yeovil reach the League 1 play-off final. The Somerset outfit overturned a 2-0 first leg deficit, with an incredible 5-2 second leg win at Nottingham Forest. Davies grabbed a brace at the City Ground that night, taking Yeovil to the final which they lost 2-0 to Blackpool.

Forest were so impressed with Davies's play-off performance they decided to sign him two months later. The midfielder would have to wait until October 30th to make his debut against Oldham following an injury. Davies scored his first goal for the club on 24th November 2007 against Crewe, but failed to replicate his previous Yeovil form. Forest won promotion back to the Championship for the 2008/09 campaign, but once again Davies struggled for first team action, especially when manager Colin Calderwood was replaced by Billy Davies. The Welshman also suffered a number of injuries, which curtailed his progress.

After two Carling Cup appearances at the start of 2009/10 Davies joined Brighton on loan for a two month spell. He was set to return to Yeovil in January 2010, until the FIFA regulation that states a player 'may only play for two clubs in any one season where he has been on a contract or standard loan'. To get round this, Davies signed for Brighton on a non-contract basis in February, where he we immediately loaned out to Yeovil.

In July 2010 Davies was reunited with Gary Johnson when he joined Peterborough on a free transfer. He made a fairly decent start for free scoring Posh, netting his first goal in a 3-1 win over Walsall on 2nd November. Davies fell out of favour in January 2011 when Darren Ferguson was appointed manager at London Road. The former Saints man agreed a mutual termination of his contract at the end of 2010/11.

In June 2011 Davies linked up with Gary Johnson yet again, signing for League 2 outfit Northampton. He made his debut for the Cobblers on 6th August 2011 in a 0-0 draw with Accrington. Two weeks later he scored his first goal for the club against Cheltenham. Davies made a decent start at Sixfields, but dropped out of the side shortly after Johnson was replaced as manager by Aidy Boothroyd. His final Northampton appearance came on 31st December 2011 in a 2-1 home defeat to Swindon. Davies had his moments at Sixfields, but often went missing when things weren't going so well.

In June 2012 Davies signed for League 2 side Exeter.